An Agile End-to-end Data Governance Approach
The Euranovian agile end-to-end data governance approach is focused on making a simple framework keeping only the essentials and keeping it flexible to be able to adapt it to each customer’s reality.
Our practice brings theoretical concepts to concrete and tangible actions. We define a strategy with our customers and then help along the way to implement its components. Our strategy includes data management aspects and organizational elements such as communication, training, culture, and operating systems.
Our goal is to maximize the adoption in every organization we work with. To this end, we developed an agile end-to-end approach:
1. We, in collaboration with the business and technical people, assess the current situation to set a target and a strategy to reach it. To do this, we set up the theoretical framework with our Data Maturity Model (DMM).
The Data Maturity Model assesses companies’ maturity in terms of data management and advanced analytics. It evaluates your current state and helps you choose your target, then proposes a set of tools to move forward. You get a fact-based roadmap to evolve from the current state to the target maturity state.
2. We adapt the theoretical framework to the reality of the organization and share it internally as follows:
- Knowing the target state set with the DMM, we define the gaps to fill.
- We take each element, i.e. each “pillar” of our data governance framework, and adapt it to fit the customer’s situation.
- We present the framework to the customer, with the 5 pillars and a custom implementation strategy for each of them.
- We take their feedback and adapt the framework.
3. Thirdly, we apply the customised data governance framework, previously aligned with the reality of the organisation, to test the use of the framework as follows:
- Identify two or three clearly defined use cases of data usage in the company.
- Apply each pillar of the framework to that use case (set up a team, make a business glossary, make a data privacy assessment, take actions, set data quality rules, etc.…).
- Monitor the progress of the team, check that they can use the frameworks autonomously.
- Adapt the methodology to each case.
4. When this is done, we see to a full adoption across the entire organization:
- After the use case implementation, we adapt the framework if necessary.
- We deliver a final version of the framework.
- With the customer, we set up a company adoption strategy that includes a training programme and a communication method.
You will learn to apply a strong and agile end-to-end data governance approach. Euranova will guide and support you to fully exploit the value of your data and help your organisation become data-centric and acquire key advantages through:
- improved data quality
- better access to and manipulation of data
- high-level security for your data
In the next articles, we will explain the Euranova Data Maturity Model and the reference data governance framework with its five pillars that will be adapted to the reality of the customer.
Our White Paper
You can also read our white paper that walks you through Euranova’s agile end-to-end data governance approach to ensure better data quality, easier data accessibility and higher security for your data.